Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Flings and Other Things

IMG_6847

Our kids' elementary school held their Spring Fair this weekend. So many happy memories from my own childhood school fairs. I vividly remember the ping pong balls in the goldfish bowls, and lemons with peppermint sticks.

There was face painting.
IMG_6808

Games.
IMG_6816

IMG_6832

IMG_6829

IMG_6807

The most amazing Diva DJ I have ever heard rocked the school yard. The kids had a blast line dancing.

IMG_6861

IMG_6814
Guess who entered the American Idol Contest?

IMG_6850

Who knew he could sing? He had many adoring fans after his surprise performance. Secretly, I LOVED it!

IMG_6840

A lollipop tree! Heaven on earth. At least my little guy thought so.
How much joy can a day hold? This was crazy fun. So thankful for this day. And these kids.

IMG_6862






In other news, we just returned from Spring Break in Surfside Beach. So beautiful. Myrtle Beach has a gorgeous boardwalk. We took a day trip to my fave city, Charleston. How beautiful is this city?
IMG_6753
IMG_6751
IMG_6750
IMG_6741
IMG_6756
IMG_6762
Can't visit Charleston without hanging out at Knit on Wentworth. Such a charming shop! Like the mouse who ate a cookie, I can't visit Knit without making a purchase! I bought some Elsebeth Lavold silky wool and cast on for the Striped Study Shawl. Perfect vacation knitting. Speaking of knitting, I should post about some knitterly things. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment