Thursday, June 30, 2011

Spinning in the Sunshine of June

I love summer. It's definitely my favorite time of year. I have to consciously savor every moment of it, because it slips by so elusively if I am not paying attention. Summer affords me the time to spin with reckless abandon. I've been cranking out the yarn.

I received an amazing Phat Fiber box for June. The theme was Sci-Fi. I love the spindle shot.

I took an amazingly memorable trip to the Midwest for my godson's wedding. I had the time of my life. Check out the beautiful country. Dark black soil in contrast to my familiar sandy soil. So quiet. No traffic on these country roads. So different from my bustling Washington, DC suburb. Just beautiful.

I love this place. My grandpa's house, home of so many precious childhood memories.

I spied this in the dusty garage window. It's the sign that used to hang in front of Grandma and Grandpa's country store. As children, we had free run of the place and it's old fashioned candy counter, ice cream case and soda machine. We were allowed to take whatever we wanted. We took full advantage in the way only little kids can fully experience. I brought this sign home with me. It brings me joy every time I look at it.

Life is very simple there. I love it.

In other summer kick-off news, # 5 celebrated her first double digit birthday.

In the tradition of summer, I did it. Yes, I did. BUZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!! I am still surprised every time I catch a glimpse of these precious best friend brothers. It's shocking, really. Makes me smile; so funny looking:)

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment